Computer Limitations

Hello all,

I'm using LC2.9 to model periodic structures.  I'm currently using a single
processor SGI Octane with 328 MB RAM (soon will be using a 4 processor SGI
Origin 2000 with 1-2 GB RAM).  I'm relatively new to LC and parallel
processing but can someone provide some insight into the computer power
needed for some models.  Perhaps an example of a model, memory requirements,
processing time, the mesh sizes, etc?  I'm particularly interested in far
field reflection and  transmission through periodic structures.

Michael Saville
AFIT/ENG
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45431
Michael.saville@afit.af.mil